- 1 IRS Requirements For Reputable Car Donation Charities
- 2 Process of charities that accept car donations directly
- 3 Which is the best place to donate a car to charity?
- 3.1 AutoDonations.com (link)
- 3.2 Donate your Car to Charity Motors (link)
- 3.3 National Kidney Foundation (link)
- 3.4 American Cancer Society (link)
- 3.5 Car Donation Wizard (link)
- 3.6 One Car, One Difference (link)
- 3.7 Donate a Car to the Salvation Army
- 3.8 The Arc Vehicle Donation (link)
- 3.9 Purple Heart car donation
- 3.10 Good Will Car donation
- 3.11 Allstate Car Donations (link)
- 3.12 Wheel For wishes – Make A Wish
- 3.13 Riteway Charity Services (link)
- 3.14 Vehicle Donations to Any Charity V-DAC (link)
- 4 How to apply for a charity that Donates car
- 5 What are the top 3 places for car donation?
Reputable Car Donation Charities, Best Places To Donate Directly – legitimate reputable car donation charities – To help the less privileged there comes a non – profit organization which is known as charities. Be it the children are those who are left by their guardians or parents, or those suffering from various diseases, and even the people without a home. From the kindness of the people and various kinds of fundraising activities, reputable car donation charities can perform their directive. The charities that accept car donations directly are one of the most popular and latest fundraising programs today.
The IRS has made a special journal to serve as procedures for the best place to donate a car to charity, due to the increase in the number of institutions that are into car donation services.
IRS Requirements For Reputable Car Donation Charities
As per the guidelines of the IRS, the car donation charities should not operate a car donation program, which will inappropriately benefit the private parties. Else, they will lose their tax-exempt classification.
The guidelines of the IRS also mandate that there come various situations wherein the car donation charities may make use of the donated vehicles. The various kinds of uses are – using the car for their operation, or giveaway the car/vehicle to the recipients who are qualified, etc. Apart from that, there are many reputed car donation charities that sell the car which has been donated to them, and then they use the proceeds for its various charitable programs. This is also one of the best methods of using the car for the purpose of charitable programs. It’s like the funds are used after all for good purposes only. So, this way it benefits the charity also.
The IRS also directs that the car donation charities observe the activities of the agent if the charities that take car donations straightway decide to hire an intercessor to act on its behalf in the functioning of the car donation program. As per the guidelines of the IRS, there should be an agreement that should cover the arrangements of the car donation. And all the contracts regarding the car donation charities that have been entered into by the agent should all be reviewed.
As per the IRS, the other areas where the car donation charities should look into are the following – i) conduct regulated by rules, ii) choosing program mechanist, iii) broadcasting the matters and also iv) financial records examination.
Process of charities that accept car donations directly
In the process of car donations, reputable charities of car donation observe the following procedure – i.e. the information about the car/truck/boat donation whichever is received. Then an evaluation process is done in which the charities of the car donation will decide the value of the vehicle and also decide whether the vehicle is suitable for use or whether it should be sold at auction etc. The car may also be for a recoup.
If the car which has been donated is not a suitable one, then the charities of the car donation can decide to sell the car at an auction. It can be sold. If the value of the vehicle is below $500, then the donor will receive a letter regarding the sale of the vehicle which can be used for tax deduction purposes. The car donation charities will send an additional receipt to the donor if the value of the car is more than $500, and it will also indicate the price of the vehicle that is being sold. This is the kind of amount that the donor can deduct from his tax obligations.
It’s obvious the vehicle after being sold will be picked up either by the towing company or the car donation charities; it will be scheduled for it. Apart from that, there is a little preparation which the donor will also have to do i.e. keeping the documents ready for the car. As it can be needed by the car donation charities and others after the car is sold. So, it is specifically advised to the donor to prepare the title of the car and other important documents at the earliest, so that when the documents are ready they can be needed.
Also, one of the duties of the car donation is to prepare and keep ready all the necessary documentation which is related to the car donation. And in case if the car donation charities have decided to use the car then they will intimate the donor regarding this matter through a letter. Once the title of the vehicle has been turned over to the car donation charities then they will do whatever is required for them to do with the car. They can use and also send it to the repair center if in case any kind of repair if needed. They can also sell the car if they feel that it is not of much use to them. Regarding the sale of the car also they will intimate to the donor. Documents that are needed for the tax deduction claim even those documents shall be sent to the donor by the car donation charities. So, the donor need not worry about his tax deduction claim and others which he is about to get. All will be provided to them through the car donations charities which are a mandate they have to follow.
The actual process of doing the paperwork and others may be a bit complicated, but in the end, it is worth it. Car donation charities will help both the beneficiaries of the car donation charities and also the donor in the manner of tax deduction.
Which is the best place to donate a car to charity?
There are many best places which you can find for donating a car. Here is the list of the best places where you can donate the car, also if you check online you will get a complete list of places from A-Z name of the charities where you can donate the car. Plus, it’s completely on your free will to decide which charity to donate the car. For ex: – You can donate the car to
How to apply for a charity that Donates car
Finding and applying for ca charity that can help you to own a donated car near you is one of the important and critical processes which you need to manage carefully. here we are sharing a step by step guide to apply for a charity to get a donated car
Do some research from your end, use the internet which can make your work easy, collect the data and make a database of charities which are working with donated cars or car donations. it is always better if you start the process from your local area, in local area you can easily find organizations, charities which are working towards social welfare.
- Once you know the names of charities which are working with donated cars, it is better you prepare a contact database, which will help to reduce your work for next time, and easily you can remember to whom you can contact. you can collect their phone number, addresses, email ids, Websites, Etc. You can also collect the information of your local churches and regional community centers, you can call them and can ask them if they organize any donation programs for cars, or have any lead about it.
- Make a database as per the nature of organizations and charities i.e. there are many charities and non-profit organizations which work on behalf of the federal government or state government, these are legit and trustworthy charities, where you can apply easily. such charities like salvation army, goodwill donated cars, make a wish car donation, wheel for wishes car donations, St. Vincent de Paul site can help you initially.
- Alway cross-check the legitimacy of the organization, in which you are planing to participate or donate a car. There is much fake organization are also working which ask for money and make a car donation scam, if you already do home work, you will not be a victim of a scam. You can find these pieces of information at many consumer forums, local authority sites, credit bureaus, national fraud information site.
- Call to your local and state organizations to ask if they are running any donation program now, or you can check these state grants information at grant.gov
- It is always better to know your eligibility for the grant for which you are going to participate. if you apply without eligibility and do the prior preparation, There are chances your application may get rejected. Always read the eligibility guideline first, and apply for a car donation program only if you match the eligibility criteria.
Keep the documents ready before you apply for a donated car program, the basic document which you need to keep with you are
- Your citizenship proof
- your current address proof
- your financial status proof
- Your current salary information
- If you are veteran then show the proof of your services
- if you are disabled then show the proof of your disability, the letter can be issued by the medical authority
- Victim of social violence, single mothers, unemployed can also participate in these car donation programs
- Keep eyes open when you apply for any car donation charity, some of the organizations are very strict with the verification process, they do physical verification also. while you are filling the information form of the declaration form, make sure you mention only those documents which you have with you.
- Once the application is filled always do a second verification and make sure everything is fine. once the application is submitted will not be entertained for any changes. you can call them and can ask the status of your application.
These are the Reputable Car Donation Charities and Best Places To Donate Directly. Free Cars for your help have listed all the possible and trustworthy car donation charities which can save your taxes and also make sure that your donation reaches the right hand. if you have more suggestions or we missed any you can let us know in the comment section below.
What are the top 3 places for car donation?
- American Cancer Society
- National Kidney Foundation
However, if you want to know more about such places that offer efficient car donation services; go through the entire list-
- Catholic Charities USA
- Veterans for America
- Accuracy in Media
- Teach For America
- Disabled American Veterans
- League of Women Voters Education Fund
- Tiger Creek Wildlife Refuge
- Deafness Research Foundation
- EngenderHealth (formerly AVSC International)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the U.S. and Foundation
- YWCA of the USA – National Office
- Lupus Foundation of America – National Office
- Jewish War Veterans of the USA
- Kids Wish Network
- Jimmy Fund / Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- TREA Memorial Foundation / Armed Forces Aid Campaign / U.S. Armed Forces Iraq Casualty Appeal
- Latino Justice PRLDEF (formerly Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund)
- The Y (formerly YMCA of the United States) – National Office
- Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Judicial Watch
- Veterans of the Vietnam War & The Veterans Coalition
- League of Women Voters Education Fund
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation International
- National Breast Cancer Research Center / Walker Cancer Research Institute
- Entertainment Industry Foundation / Stand Up to Cancer
- Father Flanagan’s Boys’ Home / Boys Town
- The Smile Train
- Goodwill Industries International – National Office
- Macular Degeneration Research, a program of the American Health Assistance Foundation
- Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR)
- Vets First / United Spinal Association
- World War II Veterans Committee, a program of American Studies Center
- Jewish National Fund is one of the reputable car donation charities
- Health Right International (formerly Doctors of the World – USA)
- Mays Mission for the Handicapped
- Feed My People / Don Stewart Association / Southwest Indian Children’s Fund
- Immigration & Refugee Services of America / U.S. Committee for Refugees & Immigrants
- Hillel Foundation / B’nai B’rith International
- Keep America Beautiful – National Office
- Helen Keller International / ChildSight
- Feed the Children / Americans Feeding Americans
- Interfaith Alliance
- WWP (Wounded Warrior Project)
- A. Worldwide (formerly Junior Achievement) – National Office
- Interfaith Alliance Foundation
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund
- Live strong (formerly Lance Armstrong Foundation)
- International Campaign for Tibet
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Gaia – Movement Living Earth Green World Action USA
- Human Rights First (formerly Lawyers Committee for Human Rights)
- Gay Men’s Health Crisis
- World Concern (a program of Crista Ministries)
- Vietnam National Headquarters
- International Planned Parenthood Federation – Western Hemisphere
- Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. – National Office
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Walker Cancer Research Institute / National Cancer Research Center
- National Charity for Cancer Research, a program of Optimal Medical Foundation / Childhood Disease Research Foundation Mennonite Central Committee
- Mental Health America (formerly National Mental Health Association)
- Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Foundation
- Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)
- Girls, Inc. – National Office
- Navajo Relief Fund / American Indian Education Foundation / American Indian Relief Council / Council of Indian Nations / National Relief Charities / Native American AID / Sioux Nation Relief Fund / Southwest Indian Relief Council
- Young America’s Foundation
- Give Kids the World
- Feeding America (formerly America’s Second Harvest)
- Youth Development Fund / A Child’s Dream
- FINCA International – National Office
- Blinded Veterans Association
- Episcopal Relief and Development
- ACLU Foundation
- Forest Service Employees for Environmental Ethics
- Earth justice
- Diabetes Action Research & Education Foundation
- Elephant Sanctuary of Tennessee
- Catholic Medical Mission Board
- United Spinal Association / Vets First
- Defenders of Wildlife
- Action Aid International USA
- Breast Cancer Recovery Foundation, Inc.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities – National Office
- Center for Victims of Torture
- Stand Up to Cancer/ Entertainment Industry Foundation
- B’nai B’rith International / Hillel Foundation
- ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union)
- Project ORBIS International / ORBIS International
- Brookings Institution
- NAMI & Mind of America Foundation
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
- Cancer Center for Detection & Prevention / Breast Cancer Relief Foundation
- Brother’s Brother Foundation
- United Cerebral Palsy Associations – National Office
- Action Against Hunger – USA
- NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund
- S. Armed Forces Iraq Casualty Appeal / Armed Forces Aid Campaign / TREA Memorial Foundation
- NARAL Pro-Choice America – Na
- USO (United Service Organizations)Office
- Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue
- Camp Fire USA – National Office
- Born Free USA united with Animal Protection Institute
- Police Officers Safety Association / American Police and Sheriffs Association
- NAACP & NAACP Special Contribution Fund
- Ocean Conservancy
- Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice Educational Fund
- The Partnership at Drugfree.org (formerly Partnership for a Drug-Free America)
- Omaha Home for Boys
- UMCOR (United Methodist Committee on Relief)
- Operation Homefront – National Office
- Public Broadcasting Services
- Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) – National Office
- Parkinson Research Foundation
- Operation Lookout National Center for Missing Youth
- Radio America / American Studies Center
- S. Committee for Refugees & Immigrants / Immigration & Refugee Services of America
- Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
- Sioux Nation Relief Fund / American Indian Education Foundation / American Indian Relief Council / Council of Indian Nations / National Relief Charities / Native American AID / Navajo Relief Fund / Southwest Indian Relief Council
- Operation Smile
- ReSurge International (formerly Interplast)
- Operation USA
- Southwest Indian Relief Council / American Indian Education Foundation / American Indian Relief Council / Council of Indian Nations / National Relief Charities / Native American AID / Navajo Relief Fund / Sioux Nation Relief Fund
- Childhood Disease Research Foundation / Optimal Medical Foundation
- NARAL Pro-Choice America Foundation – National Office
- Trust for Public Land
- Direct Relief International & Foundation
- Children’s Mercy Fund
We hope that you get the desired donation charity from the list mentioned above. The list contains all types of institutions that help children, veterans, soldiers, orphans, widows, and many more. Choose the one that you want to help and make your car donation.